Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Potty Training

No one ever told me until now but apparently I sit incorrectly on the toilet. As you can see from the picture above I have been doing it for quite some time. Josh has corrected me in the "Right Way" of sitting on a toilet. Most people sit facing straight (usually holding some type of reading material) but not me. I sit slanted, to one side usually with my elbows on knees and hands holding my face (unless something else is in my hands). Josh laughs every time he gets to witness it (which isn't too often it's still weird doing my business in front of a male). He tells me I look like I'm slouched ready to watch TV on the sofa rather than take a dump!

Josh enjoys his time on the Big Throne, so much so that he has particular practices to make this daily occurrence run smoother and efficiently. I won't go into the gory details or I might lose quite a few readers but he has instructed me and still I refuse.

For me sitting on the toilet has always been a chore. I hate having to take the time to just sit on the toilet. To help pass the time I will sometimes do one or more of the following: (my old roommates can attest to it)

Brushing my teeth
Eating
Singing
Browsing through FB
Texting
Talking on the phone
Brushing my hair
Putting on make-up
Reading a book or magazine (but who doesn't?)

Obviously back when I was first being potty trained my multitasking involved destroying the toilet paper. So I guess what I've learned is that Josh will have to handle all of the potty training with our children. (YES! You can imagine me jumping in the air with my hands balled up in fists as I enjoy my victory).



No comments:

Post a Comment