Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hyperhidrosis or just nerves?

A few weeks ago Josh and I were ambushed after leaving the bishop's office from our initial interview with him and we were asked to give talks. Josh was terrified as he tentatively said yes and gave me a look of panic. I assured him all would be okay and gave him a sweet smile. He tried to make a deal..."One talk should last me for at least a few years, right?" lol I think we are safe for at least a year.

Nothing stopped him from freaking out during the weeks leading up to the talks. I kept reminding him often to work on his talk and his usual response was, "I'll think about it" (it's actually what he says each time he doesn't want to say yes but will eventually do what I say). He's a stubborn man but he knows what's good for him :)

Josh is also a procrastinator and in the final hours of Saturday night Josh finally sat down and tried to put into words what he had been thinking for the past weeks. That Sunday morning he awoke and the first thing he asked me was for his talk, pen and paper. He practiced all morning very loudly and in front of the mirror. At first I thought it was some crazy man outside talking and laughing all loud but nope it was my hubby.

If you all remember my earlier posts about his sweaty condition well it only worsened Sunday morning. His hands were sweaty and cold while his knee shook uncontrollably as we waited for our turn to speak. As long as he kept his eyes on the ground his heart would slow down but when he would look up at the audience his heart pounded harder and faster.

He did an amazing job, even with the little time I left him with to speak. (I always forget to watch the clock). It was his very first talk and even with sweaty palms, quivering hands, and a racing heart he did a great job. I am so proud of him and thankful for him.

Maybe one day we will find a cure for his excessive sweat glands (we've tried a few) but for now it's cute and I don't mind his wet hands!        

No comments:

Post a Comment