Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Livin' on a Prayer" (Bon Jovi)

We are halfway there. Just 50 more days until Josh and I are married. It got me thinking and the song "Livin' on a Prayer" popped into my head. It has taken us a lot to get to where we are individually and together. It hasn't all been roses and chocolates (which BTW I'm not a fan of). There have been some ups and downs but I wouldn't have it any other way. Our paths converging into one requires some adjustments.

The chorus of the song goes:

We're halfway there
Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it- I swear
Living on a prayer

My favorite part is the part just before the chorus when he sings:

She says we've got to hold on to what we've got
Cause it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot
For love- we'll give it a shot

I know this life cannot be lived looking through rose colored glasses. Harder times will come but I am prepared to fight and make it through. There isn't any other person I could see myself loving, fighting with, raising children, laughing and crying with, and growing old together. Josh is my one and only.

Halfway there and I am more excited than ever. Elated to see how our love will grow and morph into something I can't even imagine could exist at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment