Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Quarter of a Century

It's been 8 days 4 hours 8 minutes and 15 seconds since I turned 25.

Josh woke up at 4 am to get ready for work and as he shuffled, my eyes began to adjust to the faint light coming from the kitchen. The first thought was "Why didn't he wake me up with a kiss?" He was way ahead of me already getting my present all fixed up and setting it in the room so it'd be the first thing I saw when I woke up. Sure enough I sat up and saw this huge birthday bag with blue tissue paper sticking out of it. As I quickly fixed my hair and rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes, I looked up and there he was standing in the door way just staring at me. He came in and said "Happy Birthday my love" and hugged me tight.

I turned my attention to the present and teared up as I read the card (he always puts so much thought and attention to the cards he gets me, all of which I have saved up in our special "box"). Luckily Josh knows me well enough even through our short 10 months of being together. He got me a purse that's all me and just a splash of him. He noticed I was fumbling around with some Sponge Bob Square Pants slippers at Wal-Mart just a few days before and those appeared in the big bag as well (he didn't exactly get the size right but his intentions were good because I love how cozy my feet feel in them). And last but not least some sugar to keep my fruity satisfactions throughout the week since I don't like chocolate.

We shared a special moment as we blew out the candles on a slice of cheese cake and made a wish (we hope will come true by next year). And then out of no where appeared a small box tied with a ribbon. Josh said he was thinking of giving it to me later in the day but he thought She's going to think that's it?! I opened the box and inside neatly wrapped was a pearl necklace with earrings. He knew I had been wanting a pearl necklace for some time. It was such a great birthday and being able to finally share it with my one true love is even better. Through the ups and downs, the tears and joy, the laughter and anger there isn't another person on this planet I would rather share those moments with.

This is how we spent my birthday.
Dallas Aquarium 

Jelly fish glowing in the dark

Feeding time for the Jaguar 

Stinky + beautiful coloring=Flamingo's 

Couldn't believe this fit this giant in the tank!

No comments:

Post a Comment