Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thank you, Gracias, Danke, Merci, Grazie etc

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday I decided to write a few of the things I'm most grateful for past, present, and future. I like how people are using social media to let everyone know each day how thankful they are for the people in their lives, the things they have, etc. However, my new goal is to not use social media as often and instead grab a book, write, or call a friend (it would be better use of my time).

These are in no particular order just what popped into my head.

I am thankful for family. Not just my husband or siblings and parents but every single member of my family dating back to Adam and Eve, were it not for the decisions of each of them ,good and bad, I would not be where I am today.

I am grateful for my friends: they support me, cry with me, love me unconditionally, don't judge me, make me laugh, and are there for me when I need them most.

Extremely thankful for language because without it I wouldn't be able to express myself.

I'm in complete debt to my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ for all of the blessings he bestows upon me. Words cannot fully express how thankful I am for his sacrifice and all he gives to me.

One day I will have a slew of fans all around the world which I am thankful for but for now I am grateful for the few who support my writing.

A specific shout out to my Hubby, my partner for the eternities, I am appreciative of his loving and tender ways, his determination, his character and personality which balances me out.

On a quick side note: I am thankful for pilgrims who years later make it possible for me to get 2 paid days off of work to stuff my face and watch football *ahhh the life*

I could go on and on and on when it comes to the things that I am thankful for because the list is endless from the electrons in my body's atoms to the stars billions of miles away that shine down on me, filling my soul with hope and wonder for the future.

Life is so precious, thus very fragile. Praying helps me remember this simple fact and reminds me to always a spirit of thanksgiving in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment