Thursday, May 10, 2012

Two Weeks Notice

Church had ended and already I was anxious to see Josh again. It was about 1:30 when I got home from church and he wasn't planning on coming over until 3:30. Glad I was given some time to clean and straighten up my apartment, still I could feel every part of me tingle with excitement as I counted down the minutes. I tried to eat a PB&J for lunch but I could hardly even finish half of it and so I waited. Then around 3PM my phone went off. *Text Message* It was from Josh: "Screw it. I'm done with math. I'm coming over! Where do you live?" My heart fluttered as I read the las few words. I gave him my address and 13 minutes later he was knocking on my door. I couldn't believe it! EVERYONE that came to visit me always got lost but he made it all the way to my door without asking for directions. Lucky for him the gate was open as well. There was something about his determination that intrigued me. The attention he gave me was flattering, of course any girl would enjoy it but somehow this time it was different. I felt like the only girl in his eyes. His beautiful baby blues shone out at me pulling me towards him like gravity. He didn't just see me...he saw right through me.

Trying to decide what movie to watch and not able to agree on anything we decided to run to the 7-11 and pick up a redbox movie. My choice ended up being depressing and a bit boring but halfway through the movie he put his arms around me and held me close which made up for it. The second movie was more entertaining, we both laughed the entire time and still he held me in his arms. I couldn't help but feeling safe and at ease. I felt at home within his strong grasp and I didn't want to leave. Our stomachs soon started growling at us and we figured it was time for some dinner. We had pizza that night. I'm sure we could have eaten more than one slice each but the butterflies in our stomachs hardly made any room for food. After the movie ended, we sat and talked for a few hours, like two old friends reminiscing. Even the few long silences weren't awkward and I wondered "Where had he been hiding for so long?"

And then he looked at me and timidly asked..."Um I was wondering well um I don't know if you have plans already or maybe someone's already asked....but I was wondering if you would ....well if you wanted to be my Valentine?" I could hear the strain in his voice as he tried to hide the shaky hesitation. His hands fidgeted with the bottom of his pants as he tried to keep steady eye contact. Inside I was smiling so big I thought I would burst into laughter right there in front of his face. My heart was big and full and he looked so cute as he nervously awaited my answer. "Yes", I replied. He let out a big sigh, "REALLY?" And then I couldn't hold it in any longer! I chuckled and asked, "Yeah, why? Do you not believe me?" A smile formed on his face and he answered, "I'm just happy you said yes is all." Later I came to find out he had never asked someone to formally be his Valentine it had always been a required holiday for him in the past. But this time he had chosen me.

Valentine's Day was in two weeks and I had a date! I was already thinking of what I could pull from my closet for the big day. He left my apartment a few minutes later with a hug and told me, "Make sure we see each other before then, two weeks is a long time!" It was a weird request, for in my mind that wasn't even an issue. I was going to find any excuse to be near him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment