Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Three, tres, tri and so on

Today is our 3 month anniversary. However, today is more special to me than Josh actually realizes. See 3 is my lucky number. I was born on the 3rd (a day he refuses to remember, he always thinks it's on the 2nd. I guess a day early is better than 2 days late like my father!). But yes, I've always had an obsession with the number 3. So the fact that he gave me 3 roses today makes me wonder....Was that on purpose?
Josh is a smart man but I sometimes wonder if he just gets lucky. To explain my obsession let me begin a list.
1. My favorite basketball player #3 Chris Paul.
2. My basketball jersey in middle school #33 (that gave me double luck)
3. Just because...
4. I'm a little OCD when it comes to symmetry. I like things to be in order. So most of the time everything has to end on an even number or appear even. However, 3 is the only thing in my life which defies my logic or craziness. (If you notice I will only post 6 reasons which is even and is twice the #3) 
5. The 3 Orantes girls...enough said.
6. The reoccuring theme of 3 in my Christian faith: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I knew very early on that I wanted Josh to be my eternal companion. We had so much in common. Instant chemistry. Great attraction. As time goes by...I realize my 3-Theory runs deeper than I thought and intertwines with Josh in perfect harmony. He is part Irish (the red hair should give it away!). Now the Shamrock (a 3-leafed clover) is a symbol of Ireland, and St. Patrick used it as a metaphor for the Christian Trinity. The Shamrock was traditionally used for medicinal purposes. Now we mostly see it as part of an emblem or advertisement for kids cereal (Lucky Charms!). Maybe I am digging too deep into it and I don't believe in soul mates or anything like that. However, I do believe the Lord has a plan for everyone and my path led to Josh because the Lord knows we have the potential to be great together to help further his work here on earth.

For now I am content knowing the #3 gives me luck....for I am the luckiest girl to have found a wonderful loving man like Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment