Tuesday, January 15, 2013

CHEERS to New Years Resolutions

A Successful 2013=New blog design + 1 Post everyday - Sundays + 33,000 hits

My vacation is over and I have decided to return to the land of the writing. As you can see there are a few changes for this year. I won't be specifically talking about the "Challis'" every post because well that would be boring and narcissistic (that's what Facebook is for).

To be honest I had been lacking the right amount of creative juices and kick start to put me into gear. Writing after all is like any other talent or hobby. You must practice and shape your craft. After watching "The Carrie Diaries" I felt injected with an immense desire to write and similar to the main character, Carrie, in the show: find my voice (or in my case redefine)


From a very early age in life, I felt drawn to the written word. Anyone who knows me understands one thing above all else....I am a listener and observer. Quite ironic that I talk for a living (for now anyways).

I thought I had it all figured out somewhere in between Sophomore and Junior year in college. Lo and behold I was completely wrong. Living away from home, becoming an adult, traveling, and failing or falling a few times in life amounted to "Rites of Passage" and nothing more. I had a miniscule idea of what it could be or maybe what I thought my voice should be but no clear definition set in place. A few months after graduating the craving to constantly write dissipated. I was left with an emptiness that lasted what seemed like an eternity. A few dark months and very minimal writing later, a change wrought within me. Like a click of a button instantly my life was rearranged (or maybe finally fell into place). It was as if I was looking through a kaleidoscope and seeing bright colors and shapes for the first time.    

2012 brought much needed light and love into my life. So I was busy cultivating, remembering, enjoying, and understanding those moments of life (among other things which leave little time for writing).

My goal for 2013 is to take my short lived life experiences along with those of strangers, family members, or friends and insert them into my writing. Through my words I hope to give people an experience of emotions. Most of all I want my voice to be heard and for it to make a difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment